Shortly after your case is opened with CAPITOL TITLE, you will receive a letter from us assigning you a file number and a settlement coordinator. It will also include a checklist of items required from you to complete the closing. You can help us provide the most efficient services by contacting your CAPITOL TITLE settlement coordinator upon contract ratification. CAPITOL TITLE will use this time to diligently process all of the items listed below to ensure a smooth transaction.
- Order and review Title Search
- Order and review a House Location Survey*
- Obtain Seller's payoff figures
- Contact HOA or Condo management company
- Prepare Title Insurance binder for the Lender
- Obtain current property tax information
- Schedule convenient time and place for settlement and coordinate with all parties
- Prepare settlement documents including final settlement statement
*A location drawing is generally satisfactory for the purpose of either a purchase or a refinance and complies with your purchase agreement and/or mortgage lender's requirements. Effective March 1, 1995, State Regulations require Maryland purchasers provide approval to the title company to furnish a “location survey” as opposed to a more comprehensive, yet more expensive, “boundary survey.” Please contact our office for more details.