Shortly after your case is opened with CAPITOL♦TITLE, you will receive an email from us assigning you a file number and a settlement coordinator. It will also include a checklist of items required from you to complete the closing. You can help us provide the most efficient services by contacting your CAPITOL♦TITLE settlement coordinator upon contract ratification. CAPITOL♦TITLE will use this time to diligently process all of the items listed on the following page to ensure a smooth transaction.
- Order and review Title Search
- Order and review a House Location Drawing,* also referred to as a “Survey” (Page 33)
- Obtain Seller’s payoff figures
- Contact HOA or Condo Management company
- Prepare Title Insurance binder/commitment for the Lender
- Obtain current property tax information
- Schedule date/time of closing and coordinate with all parties
- Prepare settlement documents including final ALTA settlement statement
*A location drawing is generally satisfactory for the purpose of either a purchase or a refinance and complies with your purchase agreement and/or mortgage lender’s requirements. Effective March 1, 1995, State Regulations require Maryland purchasers provide approval to the title company to furnish a “location drawing” as opposed to a more comprehensive, yet more expensive, “boundary survey.” The required “Approval Form” and “Location Drawing” are included on pages 32 and 33 of this booklet.